By water-jet, the material is cut through a compressed water stream, generated by a high-pressure pump which generates up to 3500 bar. The cut substrate doesn’t heat up and therefore stays dimensional stable. The result is not just an excellent cutting quality but also a very thin slot.
The water-jet cutting is used primary in those cases were conventional processes reach a low result in productivity and quality. With our jet-cutting machine we are able to cut mock-ups and short series with a material size of up to 2000 x 1000 mm and a maximum thickness of 80 mm fast and cost-efficient.
- nearly burr-free, vertical cut
- Very narrow slot (up to <0,08 mm)
- Exact cut of contours
- Production of delicate and thin contours with smallest divisions
- Efficient way to use the substrate thanks a special nesting program
- Practically no influence on dimensional stability and structural changes
- No costs for cut or die-cut tools
- Possibility to cut through several layers
- Certain plastics can be cut without the emission of dangerous fumes
- Easy way to make small changes
- Ideal for producing single parts and for series-production
With a water-jet cutting machine it´s possible to cut nearly every “soft” material, like:
- Most of materials for gaskets